- Would you drive a car blindfolded up a mountain road?
- Would you plan a wilderness adventure without supplies?
- Would you take an ocean voyage in a row-boat?
Those are a bit extreme examples, but Vision is a vital and mission critical part of life itself. As a small business we have spent time honing a vision for where this little start-up is going and what it would look like. The vision is not only a road map to keep us on target, heading in the direction we need to go. The vision is so much more. It is a target to point to, aim for, and allows for planning to get there.
“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up the men to gather wood, divide the work and give orders. Instead, teach them to yearn for the vast and endless sea.”— Antoine de Saint-Exupery
- Do you have a vision for your life? Can you answer the question of what you believe your purpose and goal is in this life?
- If you have a business, have you written down goals, and a plan to achieve them?
- Do you share your vision with others? Do you clearly articulate what you see is the purpose and goal of your life or your company?