Hey can we talk?
We are all watching the news of our nation and the world swirl into greater levels of chaotic insanity, and i wanted to check in with you. How are you doing? What are you doing?
I do want to urge you to buy a few more groceries, and put aside some things for winter. More food processing plants have burned or been destroyed, resulting in more potential food shortages this winter. Yes, i was at the grocery store and it doesn’t look like a shortage – yet. But the indicators are there. So are you making a plan for your winter survival?
Here are a few things that are recommended to stock up on:
- Dry Beans
- Canned Vegetables
- Canned Meat (I am not a fan of this, but i put a few cans on the shelf)
- broth or boullion
- jarred tomato sauce
- root vegetables like potatos, sweet potatos, onions, garlic
- jars of your favorite herbs and spices
- toilet paper, and paper towels
- and pick up seasonal fruits – like apples, pears, peaches
- Do you have a pet? Plan ahead for them too… and stockpile their food
that is the short list…. but make some plan to have a little more on hand should the shortages begin. Wisdom says to plan ahead, and should this never be needed it can be donated to a food pantry at some point. I hope you are planning ahead, preparing for what experts tell us will be a hard winter.