Instructor: Mary Urbas
About the instructor:
This is a 6 week course featuring the essentials of business for an artist. Mary brings her extensive knowledge of art as a business and a wealth of detail she learned through her career.
Some of the topics discussed include:
- Establishing your goals, Establishing pricing
- Creating a professional image, business tools, jurors, and where to show your work
- Artist Statement, assemble a profile
- Researching , contacting and approaching galleries and selling your work
- Written and visual publicity, press releases, advertising, marketing and social media
This class is a 6 week class, occurring on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30pm
The class begins on September 25 and is a 6 week class, held on Wednesdays from 6:30-8:30pm at Images in Bloom Studio (ArtCraft Building, 2530 Superior Ave #402, Cleveland, OH)
Click here to view Syllabus and Bio
Click below to register (through Images in Bloom Website)
Handcrafted Cold Processed natural soap - We make a wide selection of different bar soaps with the best oils we can find, Lye, essential oils, and locally sourced botanicals. Our soap recipes are calculated to be "super-fatted", meaning we add just a little bit more of the oils than will neutralize with the lye. The benefit of super-fatted soap is that as you wash with the soap the small excess of oils replace those natural skin oils lost during washing the dirt away.
We are members of the Handcrafted Soapmakers Guild and the Ohio Soapmakers Guild.