Blogging, as we discussed yesterday, is a cathartic way of documenting and discussing specific issues. And blogs by nature must have a personal feel, a personality of their author. Some are highly technical, others very etherial. Writing in general does require some discipline and organization to be effective. And I think everyone on this planet have encountered times when writing is not flowing, and the inspiration is dried up. Here are 10 inspirations I find for blogging:
- The current events – whether it is current events of my own life, or monstrous news events occurring in our world, life lessons learned, or milestones…
- The weather
- Stories of traveling, or vacation
- Conversations you have had which inspire more research
- Books you have read
- Nature itself – that beautiful fire filled sunset, or that glorious fresh snowfall coating the trees, the sound of birds, the sight of a colorful flower garden.
- Music – When creativity seems stifled I turn on the tunes, and let the music inspire me.
- Food – A good meal, healthy eats, whether alone or with a friend can bring new inspiration for writing.
- History – Whether fun facts about a place from history, to memories of the family that came before us, history offers a rich trove of treasure to write about.
- Other blogs and web articles – when I run out of inspiration I head to research questions online, often reading great research, discover bloggers that have a clear voice, and writers that shed light on the questions I have.
Inspiration can come in an infinite many forms, certainly not limited to my list…. but what inspires you? I would love to know. Leave me a comment.