Steve and I selectively determined where we would set up our booth and tent this year, choosing to opt out of some of the places we have gone in the past, and selected places we have not gone for variety, and new opportunity.
That said, Last night we sat down and filled out the last of the applications for the spring and summer season. In some cases, we just cut a check to pay for the event we have already been juried into. Here are some of the exciting things we just submitted:
- The Berea Fine Arts May Show at Coe Lake on May 25th. We have heard wonderful things about this show and look forward to being in a beautiful park, along the Coe Lake. The Berea Fine Arts Groupl limited us to my hand dyed silk, and wire crochet…. no soap, no scrubs, no Reblooming Bags.
- Quailcrest Farms Garden Event is on June 8th and 9th at their farm located in Wooster Ohio. Quailcrest specializes in herbs… so we look forward to not only being artist vendors at their event, but possibly picking up a few new perennial herbs. Perhaps Yarrow that I can use to dye silk, or Rosemary.
- BayArts Art & Music Festival is on Saturday, June 15th on the lovely grounds of the Huntington Reservation of the Metroparks. Artists, music and food…. a lovely combination in a wonderful location. We love the relationship we have with BayArts, and look forward to this new endeavor to us.
- Brookstock, held on Saturday, July 20th at the Cleveland Metroparks Brookside Park, adjacent to the Zoo… this event features several live bands, food, and lots of interesting vendors. This event was started to offer an afternoon of music with tribute bands and has grown to be an institution. Last year there was organic produce, a goat cheese farmer, fresh honey, jam makers, and us…
- The Cleveland Flea – We have applied for the Cleveland Flea on May11th, which will be an outdoor setup in the parking lot of St Martin de Porres school on E 62 and St Clair. We also applied for the August 10th Flea… what a lovely adventure.
- Vermillion Farmers Markets – we have not settled on dates yet, but plan to drive out to vermillion for saturday morning farmers markets throughout the summer when nothing else is scheduled. We just love that farmers market.
And we continue to wait on jury decision for several other events… we will keep you posted with our news as it comes in. How exciting our summer will be. We hope you can come out for one or two of them. The vibe and energy of some of these events is so uplifting and encouraging.