What is coming up for Images in Bloom
Cold Winter February has been filled with lots of activity. Even though we are not out doing a lot of art shows, we have a busy schedule to keep. So here are just a short list of what we are up to:
- Restocking the stores that take our products. At the end of last year we had great demand for products, and the demand has not slowed down (yeah!!!) We have our products in 14 stores in 3 counties (Cuyahoga, Medina and Lorain) so that keeps us hopping.
- Building up stock of our soap – Steve is making 4-6 batches per day.
- Cutting and curing our soap – a day after the soap is blended and placed in a mold we have to take it out of the mold, and cut it into bars. But those bars have to cure anywhere from 3 days to 3 weeks depending on the formula.
- Stacking soap on the drying racks – we have large racks that resemble bread store racks – lots of air flows through each shelf allowing the soap to gently dry and cure. (curing is the process of bringing the lye solution and oils to a full neutral pH. )
- Applying for several more shows. We have a few apps that just came in which we need to move on quickly.
- Steve is teaching a class on how to make salt and sugar scrubs to a group of home school students.
- We have about 30 pounds of soap ready to be wrapped.
- Preparing one more pitch of our products
- Several cold calls to potential clients
- Buying our upc code for the company, and the products.
- A special wholesale order to be made, cured, wrapped and shipped.
So much to do, and so little time. But it is so good to be busy, and so exciting to see the business growing.