Keeping the motivation, finding the inspiration
Creativity is a wonderful gift – whether it is a gift you possess, or a gift you appreciate in others. My question today is how do you keep yourself motivated to find creative direction? Is creativity in creating art much like the ebb and flow of writing where there are rich and productive times separated by dry times when inspiration just does not happen? How does creativity work for you? And where to you draw your inspiration?
I love to read – and i love to ask these questions because there is inspiration for me in how others respond to their creative surges, and dry times.
- To be creative you have to set aside time and carve out a place for work to be done.
- Your environment should encourage you – What do you surround yourself with?
- Expressing creative energy can be cathartic, or it can take you to a place of peace and respite from the cares of this world.
- Nature is always a wonderful inspiration – filled with beauty, wonder, and something for all of the senses.
- Learn something you never knew. The act of learning can inspire new ideas, new directions.
- Surround yourself with people that encourage you, and offer support.
- Sometimes it is helpful to take time away from creativity and observe others.
So today, how is your creative spirit? Are you motivated? I hope so.