Hello Again, its been a long time
One of the goals of my fall is to find a more regimented discipline of writing, and updating the blog on a regular basis. Yes, i have probably read everything i can grab to read on how to maintain work and life balance. And i have taken many of the suggestions and tips into my life. But some times time just runs out.
Are you every there?
I know what you are thinking here – there she goes on her rant about busyness. No, a thousand times no. That is not the purpose of this blog. Today i want to just be honest and share from my heart what is keeping me occupied, and how i cope with the brevity of life and the speed to which we live it.
Here are a few things I am learning to accept and use to my advantage:
- I am only one person – my capacity to accomplish much does have a limit and when i try to stretch beyond my capacity it can work for a time, but i have to always think about how will i sustain the pace.
- I must set priorities – and stick to them. There will always be essential things that must be done (laundry, meals, housekeeping, production in the studio) however there are some things that take lower priority. I think i can write a series on this subject. To be continued.
- I must plan rest – yes, that is an essential. And my midlife self reminds me that when i fail to find rest my body will help me out by getting sick, or exhausted and force me to acknowledge the need for rest. That means not just physical rest, but a break from the constant onslaught of information and thinking, planning, processing.
- I must eat right – that is part of self care… taking the time to consume wholesome, healthy food is a healing process.
- I must surround myself with people of like thought. I will spend a whole blog on that idea because it impacts me, and you, that much.
- I promise not to fret about what is not accomplished. Easy to say, hard to do… but we all must accept capacity, and accept that there will be times when we just cant get it all done.
with that list I am challenging myself to create a habit of writing for 90 days on a daily basis. I have been inspired by some of the recent books i have read, and want to share more on what i have learned and what i am trying to consume and process. I hope you will join me on this journey. Thanks for reading and see you tomorrow !