What is this week going to be holding for us?
Monday September 14th – here we are…. Our schedule for the week is busy:
Friday, Sept 18, 2015 Third Friday at 78th Street Studios from 5-9pm. Steve and i will return to studio 203, which is the studio showroom of Allan Kradlak (ceramics) and Jeff Dube (Gold/metal jeweler). Both of these artists are very talented, and their work is unique. If you have not been, can i urge you to take an evening off and stop out. Its a giant party of people roving through the open studios, with occasional music group and food trucks. Oh, and Jack the dog… always on the hunt for food… gentle soul in fur. Jeff and Allen allow us to rent a small space for soap – and there are several other artists sharing the space: Lisa from Curvey Willow brings her unique fashion jewelry; A water color artist and a photographer’s work share the valuable wall space, and finally a small section of shelving dedicated to a candle maker who upcycles wine and beer bottles as the containers for her candles. Its an interesting space… come visit us.
Saturday and Sunday, September 19-20 is Tremont Art and Culture Festival. Hours are 11a-6p Saturday, Noon to 5p Sunday in Lincoln Park. It is hard to imagine we have been a part of this festival every year it has occurred… for many years as the set up crew working for TWDC, then an emerging artist, and for the past 5 years as juried Artists. Because this was our first real festival to be juried into it holds special merit. But there is an energy that is dynamic – street performers, chalk artists, dance troups, ethnic music, deaf choir, and a wonderful selection of juried artists and wonderful food. We hope the weather is sunny, the crowds big and a prosperous fun weekend.
Monday, September 21 we drop off inventory for The Log Cabin Gallery’s Autumn Branching Out Exhibit. The gallery exhibit opens on Thursday, September 24th and runs through Sunday, October 25th. Steve is almost ready with his soap stock, but i have to really work on the brooches, silk and silk earrings for her…. and i have a week to do that.
Leading up to these festivities here is our plan
- I have 24 pieces of silk to finish – they are in varying stages of dying, drying, needing to be steamed and pressed. Photos will follow
- Stitch 3 dozen silk cocoon earrings – the demand for the peas earrings is big, so i will be working on a number of pairs of them, along with at least a dozen platinum series. I am also working on fall leaf cocoon earrings series and need to create at least a dozen pair – something different, unique.
- Print and price all of our products
- Steve has 10 batches of soap to wrap
- I have 4 batches of mini soaps to wrap.
- Delivery to two shops this week
- Pack up for the weekend – that includes all of our totes and boxes, displays, tables, chairs, tent and a cooler full of fruit and water.
And all that said to tell you we are humming along with so much to do. Busy is good… we are looking forward to seeing you at one of these events. Hope you can stop out.